Become a part of the Social Motion Skills Team!
Social Motion Skills offers flexible, full and part-time opportunities to inspire and be inspired while making a difference in the life of a child or young adult with special needs!
Social Motion Skills is currently seeking applicants for:
- Social Skills Teachers for all grade levels.
- Social Skills Teacher’s Assistants for all grade levels.
Job Coach - POSTED JAN 15, 2018
Social Motion is hiring individuals for the position of Job Coach to lead interns with autism and similar special needs in our proven transition program. If you have the talent to promote positive change for individuals with disabilities, this position may be for you. Job Coaches provide hands-on assistance to individuals to help them learn specific requirements of a job as well as appropriate interpersonal skills and rules of the workplace. In their roles, Job Coaches, may work with an individual or small groups of individuals at business sites. Responsibilities include working with local employers to define job tasks, perform workplace assessments, ensure necessary job accommodations, identify and develop workers’ job skills, provide consistent, positive, specific, and timely feedback, document progress and prepare reports and written materials in order to communicate information with staff, parents and caregivers and be the liaison between the interns and the job site staff for any issue that may arise. The Job Coach will also create a contingency plan in case of unforeseen circumstances.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· 3-5 years experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities encouraged, but not required.
· Bachelors Degree in education (special education preferred), social work or similar field of study.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
· Must pass background check by Social Motion and any other job site as required.
· Must be willing to complete job site specific training if necessary or required.
· Starting Wage: commensurate with certifications and experience.
Social Motion is a Houston, Texas based non-profit whose mission is to provide strategies and life-path solutions which enable those with social cognitive differences to become fulfilled, productive individuals. www.socialmotionskills.org
Volunteer Topics: Co-teach a special topic class in your area of expertise – legal- medical- money management- nutrition- health and safety- sports or other activities- fashion- etc
Volunteer Hours: After school 3:00-6:00 ish or Saturdays. If you would like to volunteer but are not available during these hours, contact us with your ideas!
You must be 16 or older to volunteer at Social Motion Skills and pass a stringent background test.
All Social Motion Skills Policies and Procedures Apply.